Unwanted pregnancy has become a common problem in today’s life. Many women resort to abortion illegally after reaching such a stage, in which the risk of their life also increases, in such a situation, the use of i pill tablet is a great way to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Through this article post, I will tell you in detail about i pill tablet uses, side effects, precautions and all benefits. please read this article carefully and take advantage of it.
what is i pill tablet?
The I-Pill is a type of emergency oral contraceptive pill.
- The main ingredient of this hormonal pill is Levonorgestrel.
I pill tablet is commonly used by women to avoid unwanted pregnancy condition that arises due to unprotected sex.
It is a very effective method to prevent pregnancy and its use is not recommended for regular base.
i pill composition
- Manufacturing Company: Piramal Healthcare Limited
- Major ingredient: Levonorgestrel (Levonorgestrel- 1.5 mg)
- OTC / Prescription: Doctor’s consultation is not necessary always
- Method of use: Oral use
How to use i pill
It is beneficial to take I pill tablet within 72 hours of having unprotected sex.
- I pill tablet is completely effective in preventing pregnancy, but if a woman is already pregnant then there is no use of taking this tablet in such a situation.
Use of I pill tablet is not effective for prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
If a woman is allergic to any kind of oral contraceptive tablet, then in such a situation it is very important to consult her doctor before taking the pill.
If any medicine of a woman is going on for a long time, then even in such a situation it is necessary to consult with her doctor before consuming I pill tablet, otherwise in such a situation the chances of any serious side effects increase significantly.
what does i pill do ?
I pill tablet prevents unwanted pregnancy by preventing the union of egg and sperm in the uterus.
- I pill tablet cannot separate the fertilized egg attached to the wall of the uterus, in such case the pregnancy remains continues.
The main thing to remember in this is that if this tablet is consumed within 24 hours of having unprotected sex, then the pill is 95 percent effective in such a situation.
If I pill tablet is consumed within 24 to 48 hours of unprotected sex, then this tablet is about 85 percent effective in such a situation, so to get maximum benefit, take it within 24 hours of unprotected sex.
After the consumption of I pill tablet, if a woman does not have periods for 3 weeks, then in such a situation it is necessary to do a pregnancy test and consult a gynecologist.
I-Pill Tablet Alternatives
There are other alternatives to the i pill or emergency contraceptive pills in India such as…
- Unwanted 72 Tablet by Mankind
- Pill 72 Tablet by Cipla
- Free Lady Tablet
- Nowill Tablet
- RBX pill tablet
- ECee2 tablet
- LIVOZED Tablet
- Sirf EK tablet
- Niel 72 Tablet
- Nordette tablet
In case the i pill tablet is not available, any of the pills mentioned above can be used as a substitute, it is a fully effective emergency contraceptive medicine like the i pill tablet.
i pill price (in india)
- The price of this one tablet ranges from 110 to 120 rupees.
how to use i pill ?
This tablet should be taken with a little water within 72 hours of having unprotected sex 1 or more times.
The most important thing to remember in this is that the sooner you consume this tablet, the more effectively it will work even in 72 hours.
- Sometimes there is a fear of pregnancy due to rupture of condom even during establishing safe sex, then in such a situation taking i pill tablet is completely effective.
If a woman is regularly using normal birth control pills everyday, then in such a situation, if she has forgotten to take these pills 2 or more times, then in such a situation she should take i pill tablet to avoid pregnancy.
Precautions while taking i pill
- If a woman is allergic to Levonorgestrel, then I pill tablet should not be taken.
- I pill tablet should not be used as a regular contraceptive pill, in such cases it is more appropriate to use regular oral contraceptive pills for 21 day usage.
- I pill tablet should not be used to terminate a pregnancy which has lasted for several days, in such case it is of no use to take this tablet.
- If a woman is suffering from the tendency of tubal pregnancy, then in such cases also I pill tablet should not be used.
- Women suffering from breast cancer should not use i pill tablet.
- I pill tablet should not be used if a woman has a history of abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Women suffering from brain or heart stroke should also avoid the use of i pill tablet.
- Women suffering from clotting disorder should not use i pill tablet.
- Women suffering from Porphyria (a genetic disorder of the lymphatic system and blood) are also avoid to use I pill tablet.
i-pill tablet use age limit
- Girls under the age of 16 should not use I pill tablet.
- To avoid the spread of sexually transmitted diseases after unprotected sex, the i-pill tablet should not be used.
- Patients having tumor in liver should not use this tablet.
If a woman is suffering from thyroid disease, then use of i pill tablet before getting thyroid function test done can affect the report of thyroid test, so talk to your doctor in such situation.
Women suffering from high blood sugar or diabetes should also avoid using the i pill.
i pill side effects
After the consumption of this tablet, the following side effects may occur to some women such as…
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Changes in menstrual cycle timings.
- Bleeding after a few days of taking the i pill tablet, which is also called by the doctor Rebound Bleeding, which is completely different from the bleeding that occurs during menstruation.
- Early or late periods in some women
- Heavy or Scanty menstrual periods
Allergy which is a rare side effect, which may include itching of the skin, rash and swelling of the tongue, throat, face, lips or difficulty in breathing.
If any such problem occurs in a woman, then her doctor should be contacted immediately.
I Pill Storage Requirements
- I pill tablet should be stored at a temperature below 40 degree.
- Keep it safe from direct sunlight, moisture and keep reach out of children.
I pill tablet other uses
The most prominent use of I pill tablet is as an emergency contraceptive pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Apart from this, in some other conditions this medicine is also used by the doctors, such as…
- Cyst in ovary
- PCOS problem
- Endometriosis etc.
I pill drug interactions with other medicines
Taking I pill tablet with the following medicines can lead to some serious side effects examples are…
Griseofulvin group drugs
- Tablet Fluvin 125 mg
- Tablets Fluvin Forte 250 mg
- Tablet Dermovent 500 mg
- Tablets Ecovin
Medicines of the Phenytoin Group
- Tablet Epsolin 100 mg
- Tablets Epsolin ER 300 mg
- Capsule Dilantin 100 mg
- Tablet Eptoin 300 ER
Medicines of the Bosentan group
- Tablet Lupibose 62.5 mg
- Tablets Bosentas 62.5 mg, 125 mg
- Tablet Bozetan 125 mg
Carbamazepine group of drugs
- Tablet Mazetol 100, 200, 400 mg
- Tablets Mazetol SR 200
Primidone group drugs
- Tablet Prolet 25, 50, 100 mg
- Tablets Mysoline
In which diseases i pill tablet should not be used?
If a woman is suffering from the following diseases, then in such a situation the use of I pill tablet can increase the problem even more.
Therefore, use I pill only if your doctor thinks it right, otherwise do not take any risk, these diseases are such as…
- High lipoprotein
- Severe mental stress or depression
- Heart attack or heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Heart Failure
- Blood clotting disorders
I pill interactions with Food and Alcohol
- There is no complete data yet on the side effects of consuming alcohol while taking I pill tablet. It is advisable to consult your doctor about this.
- There is no side effect of consuming i pill tablet with normal food items.
Frequently asked questions about I pill (FAQs)
Q when to take i pill ?
A The benefits of taking the I pill tablet within 24 hours of having unprotected sex is more effective. Some companies also recommend taking the I pill tablet within 72 hours of unprotected sex.
Q For how long does the effect of the e pill last?
A This tablet is used only in emergency contraceptive situation, it can also be bought without a doctor’s prescription, the effect of this tablet does not long lasting.
Q How does the I pill work?
A I pill tablet is a contraceptive pill made from the hormone progesterone, which prevents unwanted pregnancy by preventing the union of egg and sperm in the uterus.
This tablet is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy even if the condom burst during safe sex.
Q what happens if i-pill is taken by mistake ?
A Accidental use of i pill tablet may cause headache, vomiting, nervousness in some women, which get better on its own in some time.
Q Which pill should I take to not get pregnant?
A To avoid unwanted pregnancy, women should use oral contraceptive pills, these pills contain a hormone called Levonorgestrel. These tablets are also called morning after pill.
Q What happens if I take the I pill?
A Some women have symptoms such as delayed menstruation, lower abdominal pain, vomiting, nervousness, headache, etc., after taking an I pill, which get better on their own in a few days.
Q What is the name of the Pills to avoid pregnancy after 72 hours ?
A The use of a pill called Ulipristal Actate is currently licensed, which can be used even after 5 days of having unprotected sex.
Researchers in Scotland have found in their research that this tablet is more effective than other contraceptive drugs.
Q Can the i pill induce periods?
A An I pill is a pill made from a hormone called progesterone in high doses, which is used to prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus by shedding the endometrium in the form of blood.
Due to the use of this tablet, there can be a change in the time of menstruation in women, periods can come early or even late.
Q For how long does Unwanted 72 Tablet works?
A Unwanted 72 tablet is beneficial to use within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. The effect of this tablet does not last long, using this tablet repeatedly can be harmful to your health.
Q What are the i pill 72 side effects?
A Taking a contraceptive pill can cause many types of Side effects in the body, such as…
- Decreased sex drive
- Missed monthly periods
- Having problems with weight gain
- Migraine or headache
- Vomiting, Nervousness or Nausea
Having menstrual spotting etc.
Q Is I Pill safe for Lactating women to use?
A Yes, I pill does not cause any significant side effect in lactating women, it is considered safe in such condition.
Q What is the effect of I pill on the Kidneys?
A If a woman is suffering from severe kidney disease, then in such a situation this medicine should be used as per the advice of a qualified doctor.
Under normal conditions i pill tablet does not cause any harm to the kidneys.
Q Is I Pill Tablet safe to use by pregnant women?
A Due to lack of research, information is not available on the side effects of i pill tablet during pregnancy.
Affiliate link to buy i pill online (i pill online) –
I-Pill Emergency Contraceptive Pill – Pack of 2-
In this image, I have put my Amazon affiliate link, you can also buy this medicine online as per your wish.
In today’s modern lifestyle, the trend of live-in relation has increased a lot, boys and girls studying in college have come very close to each other due to modern facilities.
In such a situation, many girls get into a sexual relationship with their boyfriend even before marriage, due to which they become pregnant before marriage.
Due to which the prestige and reputation of her family is badly influenced in the society, due to this many types of other unnatural acts like suicide, homicide etc, have started happening in our society.
To avoid such serious conditions, it is very important to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Apart from this, I pill tablet is also very beneficial as an emergency contraceptive to avoid unwanted pregnancy after occasional sexual intercourse in married couples.
I have completely clarified all the uses of i pill tablet in this article, please read it carefully and share further.
- The content of this article is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Always seek medical advice for any questions regarding a medical condition.
- Do not attempt to treat yourself, your child, or anyone else without proper medical supervision.
Image credit: Thank you to www.pixabay.com
Author… Dr V.K. Goyal BAMS MD (AM)
CONTACT US for consultation
For more updates please go to www.curetoall.com and also read the articles given below:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5155063/- Ulipristal acetate for emergency contraception Study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK539737/- levonorgestrel for emergency contraception study