- Sign and symptoms
- Treatment options
- Alternative medicines
- Author Details
Introduction of fungal infections of the skin jock itch…
Ring-worm is a fungal infection of the skin jock itch, which is shaped like a red or brown ring and causes a lot of itching.
When The ringworm appears on the body then it is called Tinea-corporis. It spread all other body parts and according to the affected area, it has many names like Tinea cruris or jock itch, when it affected the groin area inner thighs.
It is called Tinea barbae when the bearded area of men is affected. When it affected the foot then it’s called Athlete’s foot or Tinea pedis. When it affected the nails then it’s called Onychomycosis or fungal infection of the nails. When a fungal infection spreads on the hands then it’s called Tinea Mannum.
When the fungus affects the scalp region then it’s called Tinea capitis. When the fungus affected our back, abdomen, below breast and buttocks, etc, and forms ring-like structures then it is called Tinea corporis or Ringworm infection of the skin.
Actually, it is not a worm but due to the ring structure, it is called a Ringworm. This is the most common type of skin infection affecting both males and females.
The fungus affects not only the human but it causes a lot of problems in animals in spite of this fungus also affects our plants and agricultural land.
The fungus also causes a lot of other diseases like oral thrush means fungal infection of the tongue, it also affects our lungs and causes pneumonia.
The fungus is everywhere and according to me, the fungus is the real pandemic especially fungal infections of the skin jock itch. Every third or fourth person is affected by fungal infections of the skin jock itch.
Overuse of OTC brands…
Due to the availability of over-the-counter topical steroid ointments, every person uses these products and makes the situation worst. Due to their negligence, simple fungal infection turns into very complicated and drug-resistant fungal infections. So in routine clinical treatments, it’s very difficult to treat such fungal infections.
So be careful while treating yourselves with these kinds of high potency steroid creams. Steroids turn simple infections into superinfections, thinning of your skin, and a lot of other dangerous side effects. So don’t convert the simple skin infection to a multi-drug resistant skin infection. Here I am sharing a pic of my patient who developed a lot of stretch marks due to overuse of over-the-counter topical creams.
In this topic, I will give you the best options for treatment with no side effects. Also, give you some home remedies that are very effective in the treatment of fungus. Fungus mostly affects the skin folds warm sweaty and unhygienic areas of the body.
Sign and symptoms of fungal infections of the skin jock itch…
- Burning sensation
- Persistent itching
- Peeling of skin
- Cracking of skin
- Sometimes flaking of skin
- Typical rashes appear on the affected area
- Sometimes pustules erupted when the secondary bacterial infection occurs.
These are the common symptoms of many types of fungus but according to the area affected symptoms differ in nature. For example discoloration of the nails without any itching in fungal nail infections.
- Loss of hairs in the scalp when the scalp is affected by fungus.
In all of the above conditions, jock itch or tinea cruris and tinea corporis are very problematic and most of the public is affected by it.
Here we describe the jock itch which is going to be the real pandemic of the world especially the regions of hot and warm climate like Asia.
Causes of jock itch…
Fungal infections of skin jock itch are caused by a group of fungus named dermatophytes. That normally live on our skin and maintain a balance.
But when anybody does not maintain healthy hygiene and remains in sweat-soaked clothes after exercise then the fungus starts to multiply quickly and cause fungal infections of skin jock itch.
- jock itch or tinea cruris is very contagious and it spreads by using infected clothes of the other person who is already affected with jock itch.
- Sometimes the infection spreads from the infected domestic animals like dogs, cats, etc. So be careful and maintain proper hygiene of the pets.
Prevention of fungal infections of skin jock itch…
- As a preventive measure, you should wash your skin folds especially groins and armpits daily with soap and water.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and change your clothes daily.
- Inner wears like underwear must be washed and change daily. Made up of cotton material and don’t wear the moist inner-wear. Because more than 90 percent of the cases of jock itch are due to wearing moist and dirty innerwear, I advise your innerwear must be ironed before its use.
Diagnosis of fungal infections of the skin jock itch…
It is very easy only by physical examination your dermatologist makes the right diagnosis but in some cases, skin scrapings are tested to rule out some other kinds of skin diseases like Psoriasis.
Treatment options of fungal infections of the skin jock itch…
There are very limiting treatment options available in modern medicine a few topical creams and a few tablets for example…
- Fluconazole and Itraconazole are the main oral drugs used in the world to treat fungal infections despite these Terbinafine, Griseofulvin are also used along with the above-mentioned drugs.
- Miconazole and Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole are the most used topical drugs for the treatment of fungal infections of skin jock itch.
- Despite of these Econazole, Oxiconazole and Luliconazole are also used along with the above-mentioned drugs. These topical drugs are available with a combination of mild to high potency steroids. So be very careful while selecting the appropriate ointment.
Before selecting any kind of oral or topical drug you must consult with your skin doctor.
I strongly recommend don’t use over-the-counter medicines to treat fungal infections of skin jock itch. Because we have very limited medicines and if resistance develops from these drugs then it will be very difficult for the doctors to treat your fungal infections. Then these kinds of simple skin infections become the major skin issues and lead to the real pandemic of the world.
Alternative medicine or home remedies to treat fungal infections of the skin jock itch…
- Neem(Azadirachta indica) a very common plant and you should try neem paste on the affected areas twice daily and maintain proper hygiene it will definitely work.
- Garlic paste is also very useful for topical use to treat fungal infections of skin jock itch.
- Camphor in small quantity mixed with Coconut oil and make a paste and then apply twice to thrice daily on the affected areas it is very effective for topical use.
- VicksVaporub also contains Camphor and Menthol, as well as eucalyptus oil, which is very effective topically on fungal infections.
- Apple cider vinegar use internally to treat fungal infections of skin jock itch.
- Tea tree oil is also used in Ayurveda for any kind of skin problem.
- Eat yogurt and probiotics because they have an ample amount of good bacteria that really help stave off any kind of fungal infections.
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid and antimicrobial lipids found in medium-chain fatty acids like coconut so coconut oil is used to treat many kinds of skin infections for many years.
- Turmeric also has antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties and also used to treat many fungal infections of skin jock itch.
- Bacillinum, Tellurium, Sepia, Sulphur, Dulcamara are some important homeopathic medicine that are used to treat many different types of skin problems especially fungal related.
- Zalim lotion and Zalim X lotion are also very effective ayurvedic branded medicines to treat tinea infections.
Although fungal infections are not serious but the overuse of steroidal ointments makes the condition worst. And a lot of Stretch marks erupted on the skin after long-term use of topical steroids and once they erupted then it is impossible to treat them.
Topical steroids also decrease the immunity of the skin and our body by penetrating through the skin.
I think I have explained each and every aspect of fungal diseases and if you have any queries or want to consult with me then write me on [email protected] and send me the pics of the affected areas on my WhatsApp number +91 9855262699.
I assure you I will definitely help you to get rid of any kind of skin problem especially fungal infections.
Dr.V.K.GOYAL GOYAL SKIN AND GENERAL HOSPITAL NEAR BUNTY HEALTH CLUB GIDDARBAHA MUKTSAR PUNJAB.
Here I am giving you the best prescription if you have already suffered from jock itch or tinea corporis infection but before taking it you must consult with your doctor or online with me on my WhatsApp number. This prescription …
- Cap. Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day
- Tab Roxithromycin 150mg twice a day
- Tab. Ebastine 20mg once a day
- Tab.Vitamin C once a day
- Ointment clotrimazole plane applies twice daily plus bath daily with Permethrin or Neem soap.
Take all this treatment for four to six weeks and maintain proper hygienic conditions.
After taking this treatment if you have any problem then must consult with your doctor or with me.
if you have any allergy to the above-mentioned drugs then please avoid it, this is the simple and best treatment of tinea infections.