Must follow tips to get a better heart
how to keep heart healthy: In the present lifestyle, it is very difficult to keep your heart healthy. Because of adulteration in everything in the dietary food items in the air in the routine activities. Adulteration starts when the child is in the womb of her/his mother so it’s very difficult to keep heart healthy and strong.
I will give you the best 10 ways to keep your heart healthy. And also explains 10 ways to keep your heart healthy. These tips should be followed by each and every individual of our society. These are very simple guidelines and every person can easily follow these absolute heart-healthy tips.
1.Live smoke-free and Limit Alcohol
how to keep heart healthy: First of all, you should limit your daily alcohol intake and quit smoking. It will definitely reduce your bad cholesterol LDL and increase good cholesterol HDL and also keep your heart healthy. Because tobacco has a lot of poisonous chemicals that affect your heart, directly and indirectly. Smoking increases heart rate and causes irregular heart rhythms. All of these things make your heart work harder that results increase in the size of your heart.
Smoking also raises your blood pressure that directly affects your heart and in the future the risk of heart stroke increases.
It causes narrowing of coronary arteries the main arteries that supply blood to the heart muscles leads to atherosclerosis(narrowing of blood vessels).
2.Watch Cholesterol Levels
how to keep heart healthy: You should always watch your cholesterol levels. keep your total cholesterol less than 200MG/DL, and Triglycerides levels should be less than 150mg/dl or less than 1.7mmol/L.
Triglyceride is a wax-like material that deposits in our blood vessels and causes an obstruction that resulted in cardiac arrest and sudden death.It raises when you eat a lot of carbohydrates or sugary foods or drink a lot of alcohol on daily basis.
3.Cut your daily Fat intake
how to keep heart healthy: You should cut your daily dietary fat intake. Maintaining your body mass index below 25 definitely improves your heart health. If your BMI is more than 25 that means you are fatty or obese. In that condition, you have more chances to attract heart problems.
You should work out daily and limit your fat intake to maintain a healthy BMI. You should eat good fats like omega 3, omega 6, etc. You should avoid trans fats which are the main culprits for heart problems. Each and everything that is fried has transfats like all kinds of pakoda’s(FRITTERS), many types of sweets like jalebi, etc.
So please avoid these kinds of things to make your heart healthy and strong.
You should also avoid red meat like mutton, beef, pork, etc because these also have bad fats.
it happens because when anything is fried in any kind of oil due to high temperature the chemical structure of fat is changed and it converts to transfat.
4.Blood sugar must be controlled
how to keep heart healthy: You should always control your blood sugar levels. Aim for a fasting blood sugar level below 100MG/DL and always check your HBA1c after three to four months and keep it below 6% definitely protect your heart health. It is because of high sugar levels or the patients suffering from diabetes are more prone to develop heart diseases. It is found that people who have diabetes, hypertension, obesity, anxiety, more than fifty years of age must have faced cardiac problems like angina, heart stroke, and coronary artery diseases, etc.
It is noted that six factors first is you have diabetes secondly also have hypertension, thirdly you are obese and fourthly you have anxiety issues and fifth is you are more than fifty years of age and the last is you have a sedentary lifestyle then there is more than ninety percent chances of developing heart problems.
These factors almost define your heart health so be careful if you want to keep your heart healthy and strong.
5.Blood Pressure must be controlled
It is because hypertension causes a lot of problems in our body like hypertensive cardiopathy(blood pressure affects the heart muscles), hypertensive nephropathy(blood pressure directly affects kidney), hypertensive encephalopathy(blood pressure affects the brain), hypertensive retinopathy(blood pressure affects the eyes), etc.
So you must control your blood pressure if you want to keep your heart healthy and strong.
You never ignore your sleep. You should sleep for seven to nine hours a day will definitely improve your heart health.
It is because deprivation of sleep leads to anxiety, depression, low alertness of your mind that results in hormonal imbalances in your body. And also affects our blood pressure that indirectly or directly affects our heart health.
(10-ways to keep your heart healthy)
It means you should spare time for hobbies, family outings, sports with friends, etc.
It will definitely improve your heart health indirectly.
It is because these activities help you to maintain your mental health relieve worries, stress, anxiety, etc that resulted in normal blood pressure, positive thinking, increases the pumping stamina of your heart.
8.Be More Active
how to keep heart healthy: You should always be more active and manage at least 30 minutes of physical activity on a daily routine basis. Either it is a brisk walk, jogging, cycling, swimming, gymming, etc will definitely improve your heart health.
It is because exercise strengthens your heart and improves blood circulation in your body. Due to this more oxygen reaches every cell of our body and makes better cellular health.
And you know every organ in our body is made up of cells and every organ needs more oxygen to function properly.
Exercise helps to reduce many heart diseases like coronary artery disease(narrowing of blood vessels), cardiac stroke(when the heart suddenly stops due to many reasons) also lowers bad cholesterol.it also improves sleep quality, reduces body weight so helps to maintain a healthy BMI.
9.Eat Healthy always
The ninth very important point is you should always follow healthy eating habits. You should eat more fruits and vegetables in your diet, reduce oils and junk foods like burgers, pizza, pastries, etc.
it is because a healthy diet helps to reduce your extra body weight, corrects dyslipidemia(alteration in the lipids levels), better your mood. And also increases the energy levels of our body, improves brain health.
You should also eats dry nuts like peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. It is because these contain a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids which are very important to maintain the good health of our heart.
Also, add CANOLA and OLIVE oil to your diet because these oils have good quantity of omega 6 fatty acid which is very useful for our heart health.
You should also maintain a good balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It is because if you want to keep your heart strong and healthy then you must maintain this balance.
And this is done by the change of your cooking oil alternatively. For example, if you are using canola oil for two to three months then you switch this oil to mustard oil or olive oil and repeat this cycle. This cycle is very beneficial to keep your heart strong and healthy.
10.Limit Salt Intake
The important tenth point is to always limit your daily white salt intake to less than 2gms/day.
It will definitely improve your heart health because more salt more water resulted increase in blood pressure. It is due to increase fluid in the blood vessels. So you should be very careful while eating salt to keep your heart strong and healthy.
The most important last but not least point is you should always consume less than 100gms of carbohydrates per day.
According to the latest researches carbohydrates are more culprits than fats so always keep a close eye on the consumption of daily carb intake this will definitely protect your heart from many diseases like myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease etc.
Despite these steps, you always monitor your blood investigations like your lipid profile and make sure you are not suffering from dyslipidemia.
Also, check your renal profile and make sure your kidneys are functioning well and also check your inflammatory markers such as c reactive protein,esr and make sure all these should be in the normal range.
These investigations should be carried out once on yearly basis. If you follow my above guidelines then I ensure you will keep your heart strong and healthy.
Some natural heart health supplements you must have to make your heart strong and healthy…
Multivitamins and multi-minerals…
- You can take any of the above-mentioned supplements to boost up your heart health without any side effects. But if you are suffering from any kind of heart ailment then you should consult with your cardiologist(heart doctor) before taking the supplement.
- These supplements definitely make the heart strong and healthy because these supplements contain a good amount of omega 3, a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Whey protein isolate repair your muscles. You know the heart is a muscular organ and requires quality proteins to work properly. Whey protein isolate has all the essential amino acids that are required by our muscles to rejuvenate them. Sometimes all the essential amino acids are not obtained from dietary sources. So you should take whey protein supplements to counteract this problem.
- L-arginine also plays a great role to make heart-healthy. It is a natural vasodilator and increases the blood supply to the heart. By this heart muscles get more oxygen to work efficiently. But you must take precautions if you are suffering from a low blood pressure problem before taking this supplement.
- Arjuna powder is also a very good natural ayurvedic supplement to promote heart health. It is used for thousands of years in the treatment of various kinds of heart diseases by ayurvedic doctors. It is a totally safe natural heart supplement and anybody can use it without any tension.
- Red wine is also a great supplement to keep the heart strong and healthy. But you can use it in mild to moderate quantity. It contains a lot of antioxidants that protect your heart muscles from free radical damage. It also contains a natural substance called RESVERATROL.
- Resveratrol has a lot of beneficial effects on our overall health, especially on heart health. Many wine experts say PINOT NOIR is the healthiest red wine because it has a lot of resveratrol.
- PINOT NOIR also has fewer calories than other red wines. So you can use it in moderation only as a heart supplement.
- Magnesium is also very important to make your heart healthy. It is because it maintains a healthy heartbeat. It naturally competes with calcium, which is essential for generating the contractions of the heart.
- Green tea also has a good quantity of antioxidants that also protect heart muscles from free radical damage.
in my opinion, everybody should follow the 10 ways to keep your heart healthy and also take any of the above-mentioned heart supplement along with a healthy lifestyle. I assure you these are the best heart care tips and these tips definitely make your heart strong and healthy.