*Introduction of how to count calories in food items…
To make weight loss easier you must know how to count calories in food items. But it is also very difficult to check the calorie label of each food item from google or google app before eating.
- To make weight loss guaranteed you must have to understand the calorie concept in a very easier way. you don’t need to check the calorie label before eating. in this article, I will give you the best explanation of calorie counting of each and every food item that is consumed on a daily basis.
- After reading this article I guarantee it is very easy to lose weight with an exact understanding of the calorie concept in your mind.
- After reading this article you understand the basic funda of calorie and weight loss.
*Food items consumed daily…
- Everybody knows food has three main macronutrients and the remaining are micronutrients.
- 1.carbohydrates………..1 gm = 4 calories
- 2.proteins……….1 gm =4 calories
- 3. fats…….1 gm = 9 calories
- 4.water……..0 calorie
- 5.vitamin, minerals, and fiber….also have 0 calories.
- These are the main macro and micronutrients that are consumed by everybody in the world. Each and every food either it is vegetarian or non-vegetarian in nature has only above mentioned nutrients. So you should concentrate on these macronutrients.
- I will tell you the calories of a group of food items instead of a single food item. Because if I tell you about the single food item calorie then you are very confused while selecting the food item. So please understand the concept below.
(food calories list)
We have different types of foods and their calorie is started from 0 to 1000. So we divided the food groups from 0 to 1000 calorie food groups.
*Zero or nil calorie food group:
- The first main food is water and you know water has 0 calories. It means drinking water has no effect on your weight.
- You can drink it as much as possible. This is called the zero-calorie group.
*20 calories food group:
(how can I calculate calories in my food)…vegetable calories.
- All the vegetables are fall in this group for example …..cucumber, radish, carrot, tomato, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, ladyfinger, gourd, onions, etc (EXCEPT POTATO AND SWEET POTATO).
*THESE VALUES ARE BASED ON 100 GMS EATING…
- It means if you are eating above mentioned vegetables you only get 20 calories. so these are very beneficial in weight loss. you don’t need to calculate the calories of different vegetables. only keep in mind all vegetables give us 20 calories.
- Please note 20 calories is equal to 100 gm of eating. for example, if you eat 200 gm of cucumber then you get 40 calories, if you eat one kg(1000 gm) of raw vegetables then you only get 200 calories.
*Make weight loss easy by this:
- So it is very easy to lose weight by eating raw vegetables in the form of salads because they give you the least calories. That is why all the doctors recommend eating raw vegetables in the form of salad to get maximum results in weight loss.
- And you also have a feeling of fullness after eating them and also get plenty of antioxidants vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
- This is because 100 gm of any vegetable has contained 90% of water and the water calories are zero. And remaining 10 % has fiber and carbs (means 5 % FIBRE and 5% CARB ) understand.
- So as I mentioned above 5 gm of carb gives you 20 calories( 1 gm cab= 4 calories). So a 100 gm weight cucumber gives you only 20 calories.
We also called this group twenty calorie vegetable group.
*50 calories food group:
(How to calculate my food calories) fruit calories.
- All the commonly used fruits are fallen in this category for example……...apples, pears, pomegranate, avocado, apricot, oranges, watermelon, plum, etc.
All the fruits(EXCEPT MANGO AND BANANA) give you 50 calories if you eat them in a 100 gm portion. For example, if you eat 100 gm weight apple it will give you only 50 calories. If you eat 200 gm weight apple or pear it will 100 calories understand.
- That is why the second thing doctors recommend fruits for weight management and you know fruits are very healthy and rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
- It is because fruits have almost double the quantity of carbs as compared to vegetables.
This group we called 50 calorie fruit group.
*100 calories food group:
(how to calculate calories in a meal) cereals and pulses calories.
- All the cereals and pulses are fall in this group like wheat, millet, barley, soybean, all types of beans like kidney beans(rajma)all types of chickpeas, refine wheat flour(maida), and every kind of lentils like green gram( mung beans) and rice also.
- For example, if you eat one chapati or two small-sized bread or one large-sized bread gives you 100 calories.
- It is because chapati is made up of wheat flour and one normal chapati without oiling almost contains 25 to 30 gm of carbs so it will give you 25 multiply 4 = 100 calories app. This range may vary according to the size of chapati( wheat bread in English).
- One large or two small pieces of bread also made up of refined wheat flour also have app 25 to 30 gms of carbs and give you 100 calories approximately.
*Rice also has the same effect: rice calories…
Like this 25 grams of uncooked rice also have app 25 gms of carbs and give you 100 calories. if we talk about the 100 grams of cooked rice then the values remain the same. it is because 100 grams of cooked rice has 75%age of water and the rice weight is only 25 grams.
*Lentils(daals) also has the same effect:
- This method is also applicable to the lentils(daal), calories variation depends upon the making procedure for example how much oil is used to make daal(lentil).
- Understand 25 grams of uncooked daal(lentil) has approximately 25 grams of carbs that give you 100 calories. This group we called 100 calorie cereals and pulses group.
(HOW TO COUNT CALORIES IN FOOD ITEMS)
- POTATO, MANGO, and BANANA these three fruits and vegetables are also falling in the 100 calorie food group. So be careful while losing weight don’t eat these two fruits and one vegetable esp. potato if you are serious about weight loss.
- That is why the doctor recommends avoiding wheat, rice, pulses in high quantity in weight management. for example, if you eat 10 chapatis along with cooked vegetables or lentils(daal) along with 2 to 3 cups of tea having sugar.
- Then how it is possible to lose weight because 1000 to 1200 calories you consumed from chapatis and 400 to 500 calories from lentils(daal). And 200 to 300 calories from tea having milk and sugar.
- BY this you will consume approximately 1700 to 2000 calories and plus in your daily routine, you also consume so many calories by small other things like cookies, toffies, and chocolate, etc.
- Then you tell how it is possible to lose weight by following the 100 calorie cereals and pulses group when your daily requirement of calories is below than 1500 for weight loss(BMR).
*500 calories food group:
(how do I measure calories in my food) dry fruits calories.
- In this group a lot of food items that are mainly responsible for obesity for example…
- All kinds of sweets like GULAB JAMUN, RASHGULLA, and all kinds of sweet dishes. All types of bhujia’S, PEANUTS raw or fried or salty in any form. All kinds of dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, etc.
- POTATO TIKKI (ROUND PIE), SAMOSA’S (TIRANGULER PIE), and in this group all the fried items like different kind of PAKODA’S(FRITTERS) and so many namkeens.
- These all fall into the 500 calorie group. It is because most sweets are made up of refined wheat flour(maida), concentrated milk(khoya that is pure fat) also fried in different kinds of oils.
- So if we count the calorie then you note consumption of 100 grams of any of this item will give you 500 to 600 calories that is equal to 5 to 6 chapatis(wheat bread).
- One medium size small GULAB JAMUN (SWEET DISH) has 50 grams of weight give you approximately 300 pls calories.
- That is why if you want to lose weight. Then you must have to CUT this 500 food calorie group from your DIET(sweet calories).
- 500 CALORIE FOOD GROUP IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE OF WEIGHT GAIN AND ALSO SO MANY OTHER KINDS OF PROBLEMS LIKE HEART PROBLEMS IN THE BODY.SO PLEASE AVOID THESE KINDS OF THINGS.
*1000 Calories food group:
(HOW TO COUNT CALORIES IN FOOD ITEMS) fat calories.
- All types of oils like mustard oil, olive oil, milk cream, butter, desi ghee(clarified butter), all kind of refinds like saffola, canola, fortune, etc.
- Any kind of oil is pure fat and you know one gram of fat gives you 9 calories. If you eat 100 grams of oils daily in any form like butter with chapati, all paranthas oiling by desi ghee, etc. Then it will give you 900 calories approximately.
So please avoid this kind of 1000 calorie food group if you want to lose weight and stay healthy.
(HOW TO COUNT CALORIES IN FOOD ITEMS)
- So in the above article, you understand which type of foods you have to avoid if you seriously want to lose weight and stay healthy. And if you want to gain weight then you have to follow the 500 to 1000 calorie food group.
- Caloric values might be varied in small proportions so you should ignore them. You only remember the name of food groups. By this, it will be very easy to manage your weight without reading the caloric value of each thing on google.
- I also lose 30 kgs of weight in 4 to 6 months by applying this method. In this period I had consumed more than 1 kgs of raw vegetables in the form of salad and also eat half to one kg of fruits.
(HOW TO COUNT CALORIES IN FOOD ITEMS) nonvegetarian food calories.
- Food items like chicken, mutton other nonvegetarian food products also fall into the 500 calorie food group. Especially if they made in thick gravy by adding so much oil to it. You just reduce their caloric value by roasting them and apply negligible oil to them.
*FOR MORE UPDATES ON WEIGHT MANAGEMENT VISIT:
- how to calculate my food calories
- how to count calories in a meal
- how to calculate calories of food
- how can I calculate calories in my food
- how to count calories in homemade food
- how do I measure calories in my food
- food calories list